Sisters

Sisters

Thursday, June 21, 2012

How I feel about this...

April 2012 
(photocredit Monique!)

I've had quite a few people ask me how I feel about all of this and how I'm coping with our life change. These questions are fair and I thought I would answer some of these in a bit more details on this blog, where I've got the advantage of thinking before I 'speak' but also to give you a bit of an insight into me :). 

How do I feel about this?
First of all let me start by saying that I don't like 'pat' answers and so you will not get any on this blog. My answers or opinions are exactly that honest and to the point! Secondly I'm not a very emotional person and so can come across sometimes as not being very 'excited'. Now to the real answer ;). I'm a 100% behind Albert and although I don't feel qualified (does anyone?) and the future is a bit daunting, I'm trying to be as the Prov 31:v25b woman who says "she smiles at the future". I'm convinced that God will look after me and give me everything I need. God has already shown me in the last couple of months that NOTHING is impossible with HIM. I rest in that hope. 

How I'm coping?
Well, very well! I try to be organised. (I would like to say that I'm very organised but self discipline is an issue!). I make lots and lots and lots of list (thanks to my Mama who taught me that!). It would really stress me out if everything had to be done at the last minute and so I've tried as much as possible to get everything done with plenty of time to spare. I've been blessed with the girls being at school most of this time (this is NOT a good reason to send kids to school!). This has enabled me to do a lot of errands and organising while still being a mum. 

Am I excited about this new adventure?
YES but one day at a time for me, can't look to next week (or tomorrow) yet without 'worrying' about today! So it's not that I'm not looking forward to our new adventure, just like to have everything organised :). 

Life has gone on with the added challenge of moving so, so far the whole experience has been relatively stress free. The next couple of weeks will be busy but not bad busy, just getting things done busy! 


PS: There is snow, Nutella and cheap banana's in the States, what more could I ask for?



No comments: