Kiwi National Affairs
Chicago/ Dyer Office
31 January 2013
Mrs F. Kooiman
Head of Administration
International Student Support and Encouragement
Mid America Reformed Seminary
Dear Most Esteemed Mrs Kooiman,
It is my pleasure to be able to present this most significant matter for your considerable consideration. As I am sure you are aware, the 6th of February is a most significant date in the New Zealand National Calendar.
Please allow me to elaborate on its significance. As it is a given that everything that is on the Internet is true please find below a quote from Wikipedia: (edited: quote taken out for the blog to save space :) )
I would like to formally request, on behalf of former, present, and indeed future New Zealand students, that the New Zealand flag be flown below the flag of the United States of America on this most emotional, national pride inducing, Mana-improving day, that being the 6th of February 2013.
- I understand that there is a precedent for this event. I have first hand testimony from a former student, the Reverend Jan-Erik Stolte, that this has occurred on a previous occasion.
- Note that in the Wikipedia article, Chicago is not listed in the Celebrations Elsewhere in the World section. This would be a prime opportunity to rectify this oversight.
- It would make us feel at home.
- We would not wish to cause offense to the Maori people back home.
- I will bring you a nice morning tea.
Thank you in advance for considering/ approving this most small, insignificant, trivial administrative matter. If approved, it will be a significant contribution to New Zealand International History, and will be instrumental in continuing to further cement the strong ties that this most
venerable institution, and the Federation of the Reformed Churches of New Zealand.
T. Albert Couperus
Attaché for Kiwi National Affairs (Chicago/ Dyer Branch)
BPhty (Otago), Cred MDT,MNZSP, NZRP, MMINZ, Father of 4 Beautiful Girls.